We offer millinery training for the complete beginner through to the most experienced milliners, jewellers and craftspeople who want to broaden or update their skills. From flower making in a variety of materials, bridal designs such as tiaras, veils, hair vines and headdresses through to the latest millinery trends we can teach you how to make them all.
Professional and Leisure Millinery Courses
On all of our professional and leisure millinery courses students can expect:
- Skills based courses individually tailored to each area of study
- Tuition from a milliner with industry and designer experience
- Printed step by step method sheets including detailed drawings used on the course to take away
- Samples made during the course to take away for future reference
For further information about our courses please choose your level or area of interest from the list on the left.
2014 Workshop Days, Master Classes
and Summer School
These sessions provide an opportunity for students to use our facilities to work on their own collections or learn millinery skills with expert advice on hand.
- 12th and 13th September Learn more Veil Cutting Techniques
- 8th November Working with Knitted Wire
- 10th December Introductory Tiara Making
- 11th December Intermediate Tiara Making
- 12th December Advanced Tiara Making (attendance on previous courses required)
- 13th December Wedding Bases
Level 1 and 2 Qualifications
Wednesday 24th September (am) 10 week course held at New Brewery Arts, Cirencester (Levels 1&2)
Wednesday 24th September (eve) 10 week course held at Gloucestershire College, Cheltenham (Level 1)
Friday 26th September (eve) 10 week course held at The British School of Millinery, Cheltenham (Level 1)
Use the menu on the left or contact The British School of Millinery directly to book.
The British School of Millinery courses normally take place at our Cheltenham studio in groups of up to six learners. This allows our tutors to work closely with each learner to help you get the most out of your day. All courses last one day (from 10am to 3pm) unless otherwise stated.
Our tutors are available to lead courses at other venues upon request.
The British School of Millinery was originally set up in 1990 and has taught millinery skills to hundreds of individuals. View work completed by former students.